Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eight rep pace



It's taken a week but I'm finally feeling back to my old self again; at least in terms of my day's rhythms. Sleeping, eating( back to Warrior diet instead of eating breakfast) and feeling a wee bit stronger than the death warmed over I was last week.

Lots of calories to make me more anabolic and lots of good proteins as well really helped. Back to my full supplement regiment as well also is speeding up the process.

Didn't know how I would feel going into some real conditioning work today with Max Vo2 snatch training even though last week was strong ( before I got sick :)).

Got in my full 75 minute stretchout for the first time this last week which was also a good sign. I was just too freakin tired all last week to concentrate as much I need to to actually do the stretches right!

But when I got into the snatches and was at 8 rep pace right away ( holding the rep overhead until the full 15 sec was over) I knew it was going to be a good workout.
Now I know that doing 8 rep pace for 7 reps is NOT the same thing as a doing all 8's but it's a good sign. Last week was 30 sets so I was hoping for 40 this week. No problem.

Always good to train with the love of my life and the Queen of Kb conditioning as she does this stuff so effortlessly it inspires and embarrasses me to better performance.

5:45 -7 am Stretchout and mobility work.

the kit and kaboodle. from bretzells, through splits to overhead lunges. Felt great to finally open up again.

|Snatch Vo2
15:15
16 kg
30 sets of 7
10 sets of 8
290 reps
10,440 lbs

Definitely could have done more set of 8 but I want to work up to 60 total sets before I start really in on the 8's. The key thing is that my snatch groove and pace are ready for it. Just have get the heart and lungs conditioned.

Capt America Arm Casts
20 lbs x10
25 lbs 10
35 lbs x 8x 3 sets

One arm Shield casts
10 lbs x 10/10 x 3

Bodyblade laterals

3 sets of 10/10

I think that doing the laterals helped clear my left arm bicep impingement that has been nagging me for the last two weeks. this hits the very important rotator muscle the supraspinitus and I think it may have been overlooked of late. Either way it feels much better after these.

datsit. Sisu

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...