Saturday, June 01, 2013

More One arm Beast swings and 52 kg Power swings.



I wanted to go heavy today but wasn't sure how things would pan out. I would have been plenty happy with just 40 kg one arms but all systems said go and I actually got TWO sets of one arms with the 48 kg.A pr of sorts. This wasn't a great physical day but that's precisely the point. I want this weight to be a regular workload, not a peak effort and that's what I'm building too.

I didn't transfer because I didn't want to risk it as my shoulder is much better but the forearms are still a bit wonky and catching the bell on the fly is a skill in itself. The first set was done one arm at a time as well.

Definitely not as strong as my last effort but solid work nonetheless. Lots of great yoga, muscle tissue work and correctives yesterday and that definitely helped as well.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
36 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5
44 kg x 5/5
48 kg x 5/5 x 2!
32 kg x 10/10



Two hand Power swing
32 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
48 kg x 5
52 kg x 5 !

First time ever trying, and doing, power swings with this bell. I can see where it's not that great dimensions for cleans, presses or snatches but it's great to swing! Really has a nice feel to it,and, as I've written before, actually feels lighter to me than the 48 kg.

I can't imagine one arms with it though, especially with the handle which is not only THICK but slippery too. I could wrap it with athletic tape though, that would work :)

Barbell curls !
45 lbs x 8 x 5 sets

these felt great as well again. I can actually see building this up as a solid lift itself. A classic power bodybuilding move.

Back Press
jerry rigged with dyna bands
3  x 10  good feel. can't wait to get my real ones :)


datsit.
Sisu/



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...