Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Double 28 kg swings, sled walks



Nice 90 degree temps today made getting started pretty easy. Not a problem warming up when it is HOT outside but I still took a short bath. It helps me mentally transition from work to training and gets some of the stiffness in my knee out from standing all morning.

Last week was double 24's so I thought 28's was a good call. I originally thought of a straight ladder from 5 - 10 reps but it turned out even better.

Double swings
2 16's x 10 x 2
2  20's x 10
2 24's x 8
2 28's x 6
          x 8
          x 10 x 4 sets
2 20's x 10 x 5 sets

These went great although it took longer than expected to really lock in the groove. that's why I did the extra sets with the 20 kg, I wanted more practice.

Sled Drag ( harness on shoulders)
5 laps of 200 feet. solid
tied the front part of the harness together at the having it at the shoulder worked great. I could really lean into it and it didn't bother my back or stimulate the abs at all. My new position.

100 ups
30 reps. these are hard  :) have to get the reps back up . Good gait mechanics. Doing them after the sled didn't make things easier.

Band curls
single arm x 12, 10, 10 with lifeline red band.

Again, these supinated curls and the reverse grip front raise are keeping my shoulders centrated in the socket like nothing else! VERY happy with this result. ALways looking for the one button to push that will give me a postive domino effect and not the opposite.

The amount of pec, lats first rib. bicep, radiobrachialis and teres major release work I have to do has been cut by 7/8's or MORE! Crazy! but I'll take it.

datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...