Monday, March 11, 2013

" A back of iron and legs that never quit".

Getting closer. After  four VERY full days of walking, teaching, demonstrating, coaching, standing and more and more walking I got back from an amazing experience, the first ever SFG level 1 Cert which I was honored to have been Deputy Chief for.
I was tired for sure( up at 5( CST 3 am my time) and down at 11 pm every night with almost zero time for my usual mobility, MSR and yoga work. Didn't matter much. I could keep on ticking and was still going pretty strong carrying luggage back at 1 am this morning before snagging a few hours of sleep to get up at 5 and get to work again!

It didn't really help that it was daylight saving's time as well.

Macht Nichts.

 Sleep, no sleep. Food, no food. I didn't care. I wanted to be able to adapt and overcome and I did. More sleep, recovery would have been more comfortable but I was ok. Way different than even last year. Getting stronger not weaker and that's all that matters.

 I got to teach the clean, the squat ( first time ever! ) and give the inaugural lecture on "What is the SFG/" that I gave at Pavel's invitation for the first time in 2006, right after I became a Senior Instructor.
Updated, of course:)

AND, I got my workout in today. Not the toughest ever but that's not the point. I used to have to take  one or more workouts off after a cert just to be able to walk and go to work. Today was not bad at all.

My mind is getting stronger and that's the must important kind of strong there is.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5/ x 10
100 reps
6300 lbs

easy. I did a lot of walking this weekend but only a little bell swinging and this felt great. I could have gone heavier but this was a smart load for today.

KB Press practice
16 kg x  5/5/
20 kg x 4/4
24 kg x 2/2 x 2
28 kg x 1/1
16 kg x 2/2

just working the new groove. felt solid. and left  moved almost better than right!

Belt squats
40 kg x 20 x 4 sets
80 reps

I started doing this movement, sans weight, this weekend as recovery work. The tension on the quads helps unload the hammies. I need more reps though. 100 rep sets would work I think

bodyblade laterals
3 x 10/10

perfect

datsit.
Sisu/



4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

My mind is getting stronger and that's the must important kind of strong there is.

Love this quote, so true as that is where it starts and resides.

Great to read and cannot wait to hear about this amazing weekend. I love seeing you coming back Strong today! Hope you have a great week

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Joe and thanks for the shirt too! see you soon:)

Yogi Steve said...

Got some great stuff from your speech to the troops!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Steve, I was very happy I didn't screw that up live! :)

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...