Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Snatch Vo2 , taper week.

gotta stay calm

Took this workout as a taper week workout, as I'm am supposed to do, right before a cert. We go down to San Diego Friday to do an RKC Re Cert at Revolution La Jolla with Franz Snideman and Yoanna. Have to be fresh as it's a long day teaching and demo'ing and a long weekend as well.

So that meant 40 sets of 7 only and no 8's. No problem. But I felt creaky and a bit asymmetrical and knew it was good to be stepping back.We've been killing it and it's great but I'm feeling it too.High speed, high intensity and high volume work, regardless of the light weights, can really add up.Especially week after week. Especially where you're old :))

SO:


Snatch Vo2
16 kg
15:15
40 sets of 7
280 reps
10,080 lbs

These went well , HR was around 160-165 and respiration was not that bad.My as I said, I felt creaky.

Two CB swipes
15 lbs x 10 x 5 sets


tired, just got these done.

Triceps extensions, bands
4 sets of 20-15

Clean and press day tomorrow. We'll see if this day early schedule will work.

datsit
Sisu/NeverQuit



No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...