Thursday, June 14, 2012

28 kg Press!




About time. It's been over a year since I've pressed the 28's it seems! Crazy it's been that long but my left shoulder has gotten progressively worse since then. It's basically subluxed; when you have super lax joint structures and tight and unevenly tight muscles that pull hard on the loose joints, things move. A lot.

But I am SISU and Never Quit and it seems the shoulder is back where it should be and hasn't pushed anything else out as it went in. We'll see but today was solid. That along with my knew position to press fun and it was a strong workout despite being a day late, late in the day ( for me) and after a tough work day.

Glenn kicked ass too and did 5's with the 32 no problem on his last set and killed the 36 after that! crazy strong position

This is video from my strongest press with the 28's last April


If the shoulder would stay put that would be no issue. I did 5 on my right on the 5th set easybreezy :))

KB press
one arm swing warmup: 16 kg x5/5/5 x 3


press
16 kg x5/5
         x3/3
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/1
28 kg x 1L/2 R x 4
         x 1+ miss on L/2 on right; miss judged hip position and shoulder moved on second rep.Ack/
         x 1L/5 R :)) couldn't resist
20 kg x 3/3

Needed some practice with my hip position but the key seems to be not just pushing it out to the side but forward at a 45 degree angle. It doesn't look that big an angle on the video but that has to be my thought or else I don't get the right support under my shoulder

Just like my bench press; if I wasn't in the perfect position FOR ME, then it wouldn't go. If I was I had leverage and then it was about strength, not joints.

I felt like I could have pressed all day with the right, just lats and triceps and NO shoulder pain or restriction.

One KB row
28 kg x 10/10 x 3 sets
         x 8/8

these are getting very strong very fast!

Floor KB extensions/ dead stop
20 kg x8 x 4 sets

definitely much stronger on these with no shoulder issues!

Feel way better at the end than at the start!

datsit.
Sisu

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...