Saturday, June 23, 2012

24 kg Snatch ladders, 2 hand Swings and heavy clubs



Well I think I might have done the impossible and pushed my left shoulder back into place without knocking somthing else 'out' in the process :)) Usually I can 'fix' one part of my old frame but when I do it's inevitable, it seems, that something else gets  moved out of neutral as a result.

This has been going on forever, always with the goal of making myself as symmetrical as possible; chasing 'square, plumb and neutral'. But it seemed a very elusive goal. To wit, my right shoulder was 'out' for years, and my left was my solid, stable one. My 'demo' arm, if you will.

Then, almost as soon as the right side settled down, the left side started giving me grief. But now, finally it seems that I am as close to neutral everywhere as I ever have been!

It was so much easier today snatching on my left not so worried that I could sublux on any rep and that my overhead position was just not solid. Didn't have to do ANY band distractions to put it back in OR my hand,wrist, forearm stretch to get things to stop spasming. Nice.

As I wrote about last week I changed the groove on the left side and it's working great. A key element here is thinking of 'reaching for the floor' as I pass through the bottom position to make sure my elbow locks out as  much as possible. Not locking it out is at the root of a lot of the shoulder issue. Just like my knee my elbow is not usually fully locked out( with this because of my arm carry angle and the need to swing the kb midline and NOT a bad joint) and the flexors get too tight and put too much pressure on the elbow, and then, upstream into the shoulder.

Relieve THAT pressure and the shoulder behaves.


6:30-7:30 AM

full stretchout. taking this MUCH more seriously lately too and can really feel the difference in my whole body
8 am


one arm swing warmup 16 kg  x5/5/5 x 3


Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
         x3/3
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 6/6
         x7/7
         x8/8 x 3 rounds
126 reps
6678 lbs

nice. Both sides technique held up well. lean, bend and reach on the right and lay back THEN lean bend and reach DOWN on the left. It's crazy but it works and that's what counts. I spent a LOT of time staying really focused on each segment of the rep to make sure it was  just what I wanted. The 8's were no problem and the volume is getting there too.

Two  hand swings
32 kg x 10 x 7 sets
70 reps
5110. lbs

strong here too. Been pushing the weights up here a lot lately and just wanted to use a medium heavy bell and make sure the power and acceleration hasn't suffered . This is a perfect weight for me for both aspects. Heavy enough to challenge me but light enough to move fast.

I haven't forgotten how much a gift it is that I can even do these at all regularly much less with decent weight. It's been a long time coming but I don't quit:))

Two hand CB Shield casts
25 lbs x 10/10
35 lbs  10/10 x2 pr!


this is great. it felt strong today  and I've never done two sets of 10 with this and they have never been this easy.

Also, been living almost exclusively in my VFFs and I know that's making a tremendous difference in my foot, ankle and knee mechanics and overall mobility and stability and that is helping my gait tremendously.I'm standing much differently on my feet as well now too. it's very good.A hint of lower body balance :))

datsit
Sisu

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...