Saturday, May 05, 2012

Snatch 2 hand swings and heavy clubs

My adopted Son ( tongue in cheek) Mike Castrogiovanni came back from his world travels and brought back the thick handled antique db I gave to him many years ago when I was cleaning out Stones Gym. Before I was RKC, I believe; when I thought my lifting days were over for good. I pretty much gave away the store. I don't know how much it weighs, 40 lbs perhaps but the handle is at  at least and inch and half thick. Nice stuff. Now that  I can play with these things again.

Recovered well from Thursdays workout all systems were go!

Snatch
warmup one arm swings 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3


16 kg x5/5
         x 3/3
 20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 6\/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8 x 3 rounds
126 reps( most total volume in months!)
6,678 lbs


these went very easily and the video is from the third set of the first ladder. Technique was spot on and nothing hurt! so nice to train when everything feels like it's attached correctly :))

This was the most reps I've done with the 24 kg in eons. Nice and it was pretty strong as well

Two Hand swings
28 kg x10 x 5 sets

Felt great. Easy, strong and fast. My 'lean into it' hinge groove is holding steady here as well. About freaking time, ten years later :))

Two hand Shield cast
25 lbs x 10/10
35 lbs x 5/5 x 2 sets

used the new CB that Glenn bought and they haveWAY too much knurling! The thing is like a Texas Power bar! It has TEETH!  Not a problem for arm casts but we'll see for swings and forget swipes for any reps. that would tear my hands up no matter how you did them. Not nice. I liked the old handle grip just fine.

floor handstand
4 sets of 5-8 seconds. 

WAY tough to get overhead I was so tight in the anterior chain, lol. No spot, except for one but it was funny as my body would just not open up enough until the last set to let me get overhead fully in the first kick up


good day

datsit.
Sisu/NeverQuit



No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...