Saturday, May 19, 2012

24 kg Snatches, 40 kg 2 hand swings, 2 Hd CB casts



Solid training today. All hands on deck with Glenn back from the Island. As usual wasn't sure what this old frame was capable of until I got my hands on the bell but as soon as I did I knew it was going to be a good day.
Nothing hurt, stretchout went easy, warmup felt light, all the right things

Snatch
1 arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 3/3


24 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 12/12
94 reps

this wasn't the plan. the plan was to do 10/10 and then 2-3 sets of 5/5 to bulk the volume up a bit from last weeks 90 reps but then Nick has to go and do 15/15 with the 28 kg on his last set and threw down a little gauntlet.

in the past I wouldn't even had considered doing anything to chase him a bit but I was feeling good and the groove felt solid. I thought 12's were easily doable and I was right. I briefly considered 15 but then told myself not to be greedy. It will be there and it's coming along just right.

I haven't done more than 10 reps in the 24 kg snatch in forever.


Two Hand Swing
28 kg x 10
32 kg x 10
36 kg x10
40 kg x 10 x 2 sets!

Strong! The Bulldog is over half my bodyweight so I was definitely working strength and stability here and it was easy. SO nice to be able to finally train this movement after waiting patiently for so many years! It is as cool as I knew it would be! Truly the Squat/Power good morning exercise of KB Ballistics!

Capt America Arm Casts


these have to be my favorite thing to do with the 35 lb CB. Shield casts are harder for me and arm casts not as challenging. Great fun
35 x 15
     x 18
     x 20

That's it. Just about an hour then off to breakfast at the Diner with my buds. Just like the old days. Saturdays was always the comp day OR the heaviest training of the week. The entire weeks training pivoted around Saturdays; you push yourself and test yourself and then chill with those guys that really 'get it' too.

It's a miracle that I get the chance to experience training again and I don't take it for granted for one second. What a blessing it is to be able to move pain free.

datsit.Sisu/NeverQuit

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...