Saturday, May 11, 2013

One Arm Beast Swings



Well this was a surprise! A very nice one at that. Pretty stressful day yesterday and I went into the workout not expecting much. But certainly open to the possibilities of swinging the Beast,either this week or next. I would see how I felt, as always.

And the warmups didn't feel that good,lol. So I planned on a 5-10 rep ladder with the 36 kg , the next logical progression after last weeks 32 kg work. But each set got better and after I did this set of 8/8 with the 36 I decided to give the Beast a go.



Very very happy with the workout over all, that's for sure. Haven't felt this strong in eons. especially at 157 lbs :) The most surprising part was how solid my grip was. I remember the first time I swung the 36 kg one arm a few months ago and it was my left hand grip that was the weakest link! No problem at all today on the Beast or any of the other bells. Love having my grip strength back!


One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5

36 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
         x 8/8
40 kg x 5/5

48 kg x 5/5 All time PR!!!!
36 kg x 10/10 

Two Hand Swings
36 kg x 8
40 kg x 8
48 kg x 8 x  2 rounds

Wow these weights felt so light when I got to use both hands ,lol. Very good bell speed on all reps as  well and that's always a good size of power,

Two Hand Clubbell Capt America Casts
20 x 16
25 x 16 x 2
36 x 12

wow, not much volume but I was cooked. Joe and Nick were snatching the 36 and 40 kg bells and everybody was working hard, for low heavy reps. Nice! Nick even snatched the Beast with his right hand and had a awesome bailout on his left!

Datsit
Sisu/



like the Beast, a big chunk of massiveness :)

4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

A brilliant day highlighted by your BIG PR and Nicks bail :) fun day today all around! Congrats Rif, you earn every rep!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks so much Joe for being there and leading the way as well!

Ray's Note said...

Big Congrats on your PR Sir!

Always learning a lot from your blog

Big Cheers from Korea!!! \m/

Mark Reifkind said...

thank you Raymond!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...