Saturday, April 28, 2012

24 kg Snatches and Two hand swings



Time for my latest attempt to incorporate two hand swings back into my workout. I took out the deadlifts, subbing the bilateral swings thinking that since I've been able to tolerate the deads pretty well, and, with my new found hinge pattern working  I should be able to use the the most basic of all KB swings in my training practice.

We'll know tomorrow; today however they were light, fast and easy with zero negative feedback from any of my joints or muscles. I do think that my new groove lets me lock my elbows much better which eliminates the elbow bending which jacks up the shoulder and the "lean into it" hinge keeps me from getting too squatty which always ends up in my back.

Snatches
( first one arm swing warmup 16 kg x5/5/5 x 3)
16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x4/4
24 kg x5/5
         x6/6
         x7/7 x 3 rounds
108 reps 
5,832 lbs

these went very well too,fast and easy. Rested and ate well yesterday really preparing for today. paid off.


the groove has been VERY consistent and my shoulder has been more stable than in months. Nice. Knee too. Found a really interesting place to use the softball in my lateral calf which has been unlocking my fibula very consistently. That is the key, just as the elbow flexors have to be unlocked for my shoulder to be stable.

Two Hand Swings
24 kg x 10 x8 sets

wanted to go heavier and do more sets but I am not that stupid or arrogant anymore. :))These felt great and so much fun to be able to do. This was the first move that attracted me to KBs as they resembled a dynamic power good morning that was one of my strongest moves with a barbell. Little did I know they would be denied to me for ten years.

I am a patient man though and patience is it's own reward.Much more fun for me than deadlifts :))

Two hand CB Arm cast
25 x10/10
35 x 5/5 x 3 sets

these started hard and finished easy. I could really feel the pecs, shoulders, triceps and lats really working after the warmup I had given them with the above training . Just the idea.

Floor handstands
3 sets of 8-10 seconds free, no spot.

these are so coming along I can do them cold and get them every time.

datsit.
Sisu/NeverQuit

2 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

Looks great sweetie!

Mark Reifkind said...

thank you love. my goal is to be half as strong as you in the two hand swing :))

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...