Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A little bit of this and....


a little bit of that. Glenn was out today and it's supposed to be my taper week so I just played around a bit. Everything was feeling very good and my knee has found it's ( semi) proper resting place and so leg pain was not bad at all.

I went back to doing 100 ups and some light and quick running in place as well as some high strides in grease the groove style all thoughout the day. Went back also to my vibrams; both help me find what passes for my center of balance. I do some light 100 ups, then break into a trot for awhile then finish with the high strides and then replant and invariably my left leg is centered under me where it should be.

I thought I could get away with doing some light long cycle clean and presses but I guess my left shoulder just does not like them. I took a 2 year break from pressing to let my right side heal and now it's fine. Perhaps it's time for the left side to rest.Not sure what else to do.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3


Long cycle clean and press
16 kg x5/5
          x3/3
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x3/3
         x4/4
         x 5/4 ( video above)
Shoulder was moving around a bit and have the cert this weekend so I shut it down.SO frustrating after waiting so long for the right side to get on board and now it feels so good but the left is so unstable. ack.

One arm swings
20 kg x 10/10
24 kg x8/8
         x9/9 
         x10/10x 3 sets

these felt fine. Just thought I would combine tues and thurs workout as I will miss that as well as saturday. I have to make sure to throw around as many kbs this weekend as I can!

Snatches
16 kg x 15/15
         x20/20


it was nice to have a warm day ( gone already though) and work up a good sweat. It was almost balmy.MSP is going to be cold and wet. I will prepare to suffer. Cold and wet makes me tighter and stiffer than normal and that always makes the joints worse.

BUT it was nice to see this on the scale before the workout:
My hydration level was 60% which is what it takes for me to get a good BF reading on the Tanita at 159 lbs. Not bad for a 55 year old guy.


One arm shield cast
10 lb CB x 10/10/10/10/10 10/10/10
80 reps continuous.

felt good, haven't done them in awhile

Band rear delts
3 x20


Floor Handstands
4 x 10 seconds( easy today all free and solid as a rock)


datsit.
Sisu/Never Quit

will be back Monday, leave thursday for an RKC.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...