Thursday, April 05, 2012

Weird Thursday




Did ALL kinds of little things today trying to find out what should take the place of pressing and ended up pressing anyway :))

It should be just handstands but I hate leading with that for some reason.Especially when the floor version is coming along so well..Eventually I want to do a regular step into the handstand from my feet but my knee has cooperate more for that, and, one things at a time.

Not much stretchout this morning, just the basics 5-6.Left  shoulder is feeling most stable that it has in weeks :)) so I'm not messing with it too much. Just lots of overhead stretches and behind back.Plus my patented hand/forearm stretch in the frontal plane that seems to have worked magic. More later.

1:15
Two CB swipes
15 lbs x 10 reps x 10 sets
I go you go with Glenn.Very simple and easy but still got things started.Fast pace and reps were crisp.

playtime
two hand swing flip, catch and press

16 kg x 3-4 x 2  ahh, no. used to do this all the time long ago with mike castro but it's not the push movement I need.Can't wait to get back to trying some two hand swings, power swings and pendulum hike passes after I get past the cert,
No new stuff before a trip. I should know better :)


CB torch press
15 x 5/5 x 2 too easy
25 x 1 right side too HEAVY
2 15's x 5 x 2 not bad and it's a press but Glenn was doing real presses and last went well so:


Long cycle clean and press
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 3/3 x 2

These went well with NO shoulder clunking during any rep. I was already a bit tired in the pressing muscles from all my playing around but the form went well MY forearms stays very perpendicular to the floor throughout each rep as I orient my body AROUND vertical forearm and the mechanics necessary to keep it vertical.
The main thing is that it didn't hurt or clunk in the rack and that's everything.

If I never use more than this in the Long Cycle clean and press I could live with it.Just like in my snatches. Lots of way to cook this lift and I don't need to try to press the Beast anymore. I've pressed my share of Beasts :))

Now if I can get away with a few two hand swings, a pullup or two and eventually ( knee knee time) goblet squats I will be one happy squared away trainee :))

Farmers Walks
2 20's x 200 feet
one arm 20 kg x 200 left then 
200 right
2 20kgs x 200 feet
right then left arm and 
2 20kg x 200 feet

This is good for Glenn's arm, it's not good for my back and  shoulders. NOW I remember why I tried and rejected these walks. They tweak things on me. Back to rack walks for me. We'll see how glenn did later.

Floor Handstands/ free kick up
5 sets of 10 seconds





Finally don't need a spot on these and I feel confident in my position and hand,wrist and shoulder strength not to have to pirouette out.


datsit.
Sisu/Never Quit


2 comments:

jockeRKC said...

An awesome T-shirt my friend =)

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks to Tommy Blom!

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...