Sunday, December 25, 2011

The latest schedule

Since the New Year is fast approaching and I'm returning back to my cave,my original courage corner it seems fitting that I have a new schedule as well. I want to simplify the routine even more and stop trying to focus so much on doing as much volume as I can on every exercise. I'm always trying to maximize my work capacity but now that I can train strength a bit more I see I can let go of some of the volume on the basic grind exercises.

Doing the bottoms up clean and press and the bottoms up cleans on Saturday made me remember just how strong I was in these movements and how good they felt for me. Time to bring them back.

I've also been talking with Pavel a ot lately about  adapting WSB theory to the kettlebell military press and I think I am going to put that into action a bit myself. Saturdays will start as a quasi Max Effort day( or as Pavel says :" same but different") rotating basic exercises and focusing on lifting as heavy as one can for a few sets of 1-3 reps.
Not a volume workout but an intensity one.

Week one and two; Bottoms up Military press short cycle
Week two and three: palm kb press( waiters press)
Week four and five: KB floor press ( one arm)
Week six and seven : KB Military press ( traditonal)
Week eight: double KB press( max reps)

wow, that looks very cool and doable.I was thinking first about one week minicycles but I think I'm weak enough to make progress from a two week cycle as my body works into the real groove of each move. Especially the palm press haven't done that for ages, and I'm not sure i CAN do kb floor press.

But now that I know how to reset the shoulder it should be fine :))

So

SATURDAY

Max effort clean and press
Bottoms up cleans
One Arm Swings
 Snatch Holds

Monday
Snatch VO2 rotation
week one 16 kg
week two 20 kg
week three 24 kb for total volume, not time.
Two Hand Clubbell work
Handstands/ superset
Bodyblade laterals


Wednesday
Deadlift  max effort( same approach as kb press, vary move each week and work up to easy single) 


Alternate for one week each:
Barbell deadlift
Barbell row
Stone lift

Two clubbell swipe Volume
KB carry ( rack or farmers)
Handstand


we'll see if I can recover fast enough to train on wednesday instead of thursday but it would be better for Saturdays heavier loading

Datsit.Sisu


3 comments:

Mike C said...

Merry Christmas to you and Tracy!

You've blogged great stuff this year. Much appreciated and I've learned a lot and made some tangible progress.

The Westside stuff sounds very interesting. I like what you have for the ~max effort template so far. Good luck on finding what works well....with your background you seem like the perfect person for the job :]

I did a bunch of that for powerlifting a number of years ago before I got completely hooked by the hardstyle KB stuff.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Mike, so glad you learned things from my ramblings :))

next year should be even better, starting off on a healthy note instead of still working to get to zero like last year.

we'll see if the wsb approach works; max effort will be a 'term' I'm not doing any 100% efforts that's for sure.

A comfortable stop is more like it. Mainly it's about lower volume in certain lifts and switching exercises frequently.

ambersbridal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...