Saturday, September 24, 2011

Double presses/ swings


Time to get back to work on my double presses after figuring out how to keep my left shoulder stable as I pressed by , duh, using the lat correctly. So nice to press and not have my shoulder subluxing every other rep.

7 am stretchout: 60 minutes focusing on overhead work as well as the usual leg stretching.

8 am Short cycle press
16 kg x 5
20 kg x 5
x 3
24 kg x 5 x 8 sets

this was very strong and stable for a change. Made a small technique adjustment as I pressed- REALLY keeping my glutes engaged and the hips just a bit more forward. Much more stable.

One arm swings
24 kg x10/10 x 10 sets
200 reps

Nice! Haven't done this much volume,especially in sets of 20 in forever. Bell swing was very good. Good break after last weeks heavy stuff with the 32 kg.

Band triceps extensions

4 x20
1x10

SO CLOSE, but suffered serious triceps death on the last set. No worries, I'm getting the hypertrophy response I'm after and that's really what counts.

datsit.Sisu.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...