Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snatch speed day.

Or, Max Vo2 by another name. This schedule is working out so well; I get to train with,and be inspired by my Queen as she cruises the snatch vo2 workout with me as her third workout of the morning.My workout ,her cool down.No worries, it all makes my training better.

And it works to do snatch speed work after Saturday's heavy presses and snatches, it's hard but in a different way and the strength work on sat makes the light 16 kg bell feel even lighter.

And, as per my belief that one should never ask how one feels prior to training because it is almost always completely irrelevant to what is going to proceed in the workout I went in feeling like crap and had a stellar workout. Go figure.

6-7 am Full stretchout

the full progression, from toes to nose. back over ball to lunging snatch stretches.Not to forget rumble roller( the mean one) and lacrosse ball fever for pec minor and first rib.

8:30
Snatch Vo2
15:15
16 kg
40 sets of 7 (280)
5 sets of 8 (40)
320 total
11,520 lbs

These went GREAT! I started each set early and finished early easily as well. This was the best snatch vo2 workload I have done in eons . No surprise that doing this with Tracy makes it so much easier.

Capt America Arm casts

20 x 10
25 x10
35 x10
x12
x14
x 16

These were great and kicked my upper body's ass at the same time.These have become my favorite two hand CB move. I like that I don't have to switch grips during the set. The set of 16 was tough! I really feel these on my upper pecs as well as lats, shoulders and triceps.

Pullups
5 sets of 3 with short rest period.

Not timed but 30 seconds or less. Groove is solid with strong acceleration and clearance at top of bar. Still need to incorporate static top holds to build strength at throat.

Datsit.Sisu


2 comments:

Diana said...

It never fails......my best workouts are almost always the ones I never wanted to even start!
I've become accustomed to realizing that my best workouts are gonna be on the days when I don't even want to get out of bed!

Mark Reifkind said...

diana,

exactly. the most important part of all workouts is just showing up and getting started!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...