Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Swing Vo2, walking lunges, pushups, leopard crawls



Interesting. As bad as my DOMS was the other day, that's how fast it dissipated. Don't know but I think it was the re introducing of my adaptogens back into the routine. Felt great today, and yesterday was the first day I didn't feel jetlagged.

I gave away my two week supply of adaptogens for the trip to a friend in Sweden and didn't think it would make much difference. Now I know better. If I want to to take break from them traveling overseas is not the time to do so.

Live and learn. No big deal but it's nice to feel myself again. Slept well last night and woke with energy and not much stiffness at all.

Full hour stretchout! Haven't had one of these in far too long. Perfect.

Swing Vo2
16 kg
15:15
40 sets of 10
400 reps
14, 400 lbs work! wow didn't think it would be that high. Love it  At 50 sets it will be 18,000 lbs of work Now that I like!
This is the kb swing equivilent of dynamic effort bench day in powerlifting! all about the speed and acceleration.

( that's my friend and training partner Glenn kicking ass with 40 sets of 7 in Snatch vo2!)

The workout was definitely solid. No where near as hard cardiovascularly as snatching but tryting to make each rep as acclelerated as possible on both sides( concentric and eccentric) really made the difference. I tried to throw each rep as hard as possible with my hips on the ascent, stop it hard with the lats and shoulders and throw it back as hard as possible with the lats as well as catching it with the hips

My glutes immediately felt the work Much more than in my snatch form, that's for sure. I also made a point to try to keep my head UP during the sets, I'm reading Becoming Bulletproof again by Tim Anderson  and have many talks with Geoff Neupert and as good as I'm doing looking up in my squats I'm not so good in my swings. I figured these light swings are a good place to start.The book is so good - complex concepts explained very simply and that actually make sense without getting lost in the science.

Doing good in my crawls and actually did some rolls today ( right turning only ) and it seemed to work. There is definitely a connection between what's going on in my shoulder and what's not moving in my upper t spine and cervicals. Being able to control my head movement better is going to be a good start.

Too many years of twisting one way only in gymnastics, especially during my developmental years, left an indelible mark that is time to repair. Shoulder though feels amazingly better these days and I could even do shoulder dislocates ( albeit VERY wide grip) for the first time in eons. That T 2 adjustment did miracles. Time to go back to the Chiro it seems.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40

these were surprisingly strong. legs feel great and I got a wicked though pump! a real one !

Parallel grip  pushups / feet on floor
4 sets of  13-10

Leopard crawls
3 laps of 50 feet.

not as bad as I thought

datsit
neverquit



No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...