Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Swing Vo2 45 sets/10, walking lunges, parallel bar pushups, leopard crawls



Nice treat today to start a bit early and I was feeling ready to go. Speed Vo2, as opposed to snatch Vo2 is a very different animal. Definitely not as scary for me, as I've hurt myself snatching quite bit ( lower back and biceps) where I have not swinging.

So it's easier to go harder ; and it's easier cardiovascularly, than snatch Vo 2, but it's damn tough to try to continually push that bell down fast enough to get 10 reps in fifteen seconds AND swing the bell high enough.

Very interesting work, for sure. Very muscular not just ballistic. As KJ said, more tension in the swing than the snatch.
I kept my head up again and it's definitely sinking in. Its a stronger, better position I know now no doubt. Loads the hips better as well as creating a better, and strong lumbar curve.
And trying to keep that level of speed and power up over 20+ minutes is not easy at all and that's what I like the best :)

AM stretchout

full 45 minutes. things feeling very mobile and elastic.Shoulder feeling great,.
Started with OS re sets: neck nods, half rolls, rocking, crawling and marching

then my basic stretchout starting with stability ball back bends then foam rollout and stretching

12 noon
Swing Vo2
15:15
16 kg
45 sets of 10
450 reps
16,200 lbs!!!  EIGHT TONS!

walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps head up on these too

solid. very hard but strong throughout

parallel pushups
4 sets of 13, 13, 12, 10

leopard crawls
 three laps of 50 feet

tough but no blowing chow feeling :)

ok all done. tired but it was strong. 40 kg on saturday for sets of 7 I think, have to go check

datsit
nevequit


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...