Monday, October 07, 2013

32kg Press redux



After reading a comment on James Thomas SFG 2's Beast press on my FB time line I had a pressing epiphany.Takei Masushita made note that it was nice to see that James had his elbow facing forward as he pressed and a light bulb went off off for me regarding my left arm press, of late.
I was keeping my upper arm too angled across my body and  my arm was spinning out way to fat to get the all important vertical forearm necessary for a strong press. So now, as I cleaned the weight I made sure to keep the vertical forearm and the elbow facing forward before I pressed.

It worked like a charm! Last week I missed the 32 kg press 5 times in a row on my left side and today made it three times in a row despite being wicked tired!

The lockout was weak but the press was solid and it's a great beginning for my left arm. After all, the 32 kg is just 3 or so pounds light of a half bodyweight press for me right now. I'll take it.

Clean and press
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2
28 kg x 1/1
32 kg x 1/1 x 3 sets!
24 kg x 3/3 
20 kg x 3/3
         x 4/4
         x 5/5
lol, after crawling yesterday, and then crawling again this morning AND all the heavy swings this Saturday I was one tired puppy .Shoulders were just achy

Lunges Superset with Bike
sets of 10-12 each leg and 1-2 min on bike

knee was tired. did 100 ups, then rocking then crawling this AM. Also mini band leg curls for sets of  20 and lots of seiza and half kneel stretching

Back press
 two strands x 3 x 10

just tired :)

datsit
Sisu/


No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...