Saturday, September 15, 2012

Consistent progress



That's the goal. It's not a linear path and ,believe me, I know that, but it's great when the overall trendline is in the right direction and it has been. I was sore as hell yesterday am and midday but it cleared up nicely, right on time for this morning's workout.

The eccentric pushups really nailed my rhomboids showing me just how little work they have been doing. Shoulder was good throughout yesterday and was pretty solid this morning as well. Little bits of progress all the time add up.

I know most powerlifters despise them but I loved the 2.5 lb plates. You never even know they're on the bar but if you keep adding 2.5 on a semi regular basis next thing you know, without really noticing it, is that the extra load is now 25 lbs, not 2.5
Same here, an extra rep here and there, wave loading the total volume and up and down and what was 80 rep workouts are now 150 rep one's and you are that much stronger and fitter.

The daily routine is  key. So many have NO set routine and I can't fathom how they think they are going to make progress in physical training. I can't. I work, eat, train, sleep and rest as much the same everyday as possible.

Is it boring? Not to me. What's boring is getting weaker, of body, mind and will. Of being lazier and fatter and less dependable or useful. That's boring. Not having a schedule that allows me to make the most of myself that I can at the time.
To be as strong as I can at that time.
That's been my life and it's never been boring to me.

But that's just me .
6 am stretchout:
full body 45 minutes  No PM, just  Rifga and foam roll

8 am
one arm swing warmup 16 kg x 5/5/5 x3
Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5/
22 kg x 5/5

24 kg x 5/5
         x 7/7
         x 9/9
         x 5/5
         x 7/7
         x11/11
         x5/5
         x 6/6
         x 7/7
124 reps
6572 lbs

not that bad at all. want to turn those 11's into 15's.If my shoulder stays calm it will be no problem
Not going to do snatch vo2 for awhile. too hard to concentrate on shoulder stability AND go fast. So it's back to high rep sets for a few on tues.

Belt squat
32 kg x 10
40 kg x 10
48 kg x 10 x 3

easy.opened up the stance a bit and really used the thai squat foot torque on the descent and tried to lock in with VMO on lockout.
I think this day will be narrow and thursday will be wide stance squats.

One Club Shield casts
10 lbs x 10/10
          x 20/20 x 2

these felt great on the left scapula. stay here for awhile.

BB laterals
3 x 10/10

" I don't want it I just need it"
Yup.


datsit.
Sisu/

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...