Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"..and the next step off a peak"

Is always down. No, I didn't fall off and , actually, didn't even step back as I should have but as I have said repeatedly, you WILL cycle your training, even if you just make nature do it for you. I felt great going in to today's hi pull session but when the weights got in my hands there was just no 'zip' .
Not surprising, considering how zippy I was on Saturday( I was hoping it would last longer) but it took a bit more out of my power than expected. Totally ok, it was just a surprise although it shouldn't have been.

Sixth set up the ladder of 5/5-10/10 with the 28 kg:



It went well and I was trying to get my left shoulder back( instead of up) earlier but it only went so well:))

5:30 am
full stretchout focus on legs. Crawling a lot these last days got my hammy pretty tight .lots of stretching to do. calf too.
Shoulder doing VERY well. almost normal.

1 pm
High pulls
16 kg x 5/5/ x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6
         x7/7
         x8/8
         x9/9
         x10/10
22 kg x 10/10 x 3 sets
150 reps

They weren't as bad as I originally thought and I have to remember than my left side is never going to look, or work exactly like my right. I just have to make it feel right. What is great is that I can do much higher reps with the hi pull than I can with the one arm swings AND get more upper body work at the same time. This is the most natural way for me to pull with one arm.
Pure one arm swings are mostly hips and my hips just ain't that strong ,lol. The two hand swings will now take over that duty :))


here' some video of the 24 kg pulls


the good news is that I could do a very decent amount of volume AND reps per set with a pretty heavy for me weight! The down sets helped a lot and I really got the groove even more settled in.

Belt squats
36 kg x 10
44 kg x 10
         x 12
         x 15

felt good. brought my stance back in, straight feet with foot torque to start and not trying to lock out at top. lots of quads and deloaded the hammies immediately

Negative Pushups( on slight decline)
4 sets of 10

these went better than ever and the shift from the bottom prone position, to knee with toes dorsiflexed and not shifting was solid. closer every day to solid pushups!

datsit.
Sisu/



No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...