Thursday, July 12, 2012

KB Press and Belt squats



LONG ass day and the workout was at the ass end of it. Nice and toasty here too so that makes things way more fun. Plus its supposed to be an easy day as I taper down for a long weekend of crawling, rolling and all kinds of other ground work at the Primal Move cert in Seattle . It's hard to get going when you're beat for a low key workout.

Plus I really didn't want my shoulder to go out right before I really need it so I was extra cautiously. It actually worked out really well, I did more than last week and figured out some subtle nuances thanks to Glenn's great eye that made a big difference.

One arm swings 16 kg x 5/5x 3
One KB press
16 kg x 5/5
20kg x3/3
24 kg x 3/3 x 5 sets
20 kg x 5/5 x 2 sets

one minor clunk for all those reps is not bad and really getting to feel where to set up so the shoulder is maximally stable was  nice. 5x5/5 is up soon and then it's back!

Hip Belt squats
24 kg x 15
32 kg x 15 x 4 sets

these went GREAT and it's crazy cool to feel my quads working again. These don't hurt my knees or my back and really let me get into the best possible position to load the legs.A nice side effect is that the added quad tension helps release even more hamstring tension.

Also all these months of wearing nothing but VFF is paying off. My feet have never felt so strong! My toes on my left foot are spreading out very nicely and ankle mobility is increasing very well too. I could grip the floor as I squatting like never before. About freakin time.
All those years of pointing my toes in gymnastics are finally getting reversed.

Reverse grip pushdowns
3 x 20

datsit.
Sisu

1 comment:

Diana said...

Primal looks interesting.....oh to be able to move so effortless like that!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...