Saturday, July 28, 2012

Snatches and two hand swings.



Feeling pretty beat up today. Right wrist/forearm continues to give grief and shoulders are just tired. A bit too much Primal Move yesterday and not enough roller and flex work. that has to come first or nothing else works well. I have to approach the PM VERY slowly or things will come apart fast for me. I just have so many asymmetries and ROM restrictions to deal with simultaneously it's hard to flow things together as I compensate naturally but don't feel the problems until later. and that's too late.

I just have to go slow, as usual.

As well as this morning. We started at 7 am,an hour early but I got my stretch in and that helped.Yesterday was also my 19th day in a row without a day off, no wonder I'm tired and beat up :))
This is also why I love my routine, it allows me to gather momentum and that is a prerequisite for progress, otherwise I am just fighting to go backwards  more slowly:)) Keep breaking it and THAT becomes the habit, not the routine.

One arm swing warmup  16 kg  x5/5/ x3

Snatch
16 kg  x 5/5 x3
20 kg x 5/5
         x 6/6 
         x7/7
         x 8/8
24 kg x 5/5 x 5 sets

took me forever to warmup. I was only worried about the right elbow and  forearm tweaking but everything else felt fine. Felt better each set. The strain from Thursday's double clean is almost gone but I had to be careful or I would irritate it again easily.
Wanted to do more but knew better so:

Two Hand swings
24 kg x 10
28 kg x 10
32 kg x 10 x 5 sets

SO nice to have this to fall back on, and to feel that 32 kg is LIGHT now. :)) this makes me very happy.My swing isn't pretty but it's strong.:))

Two hand CB arm casts
15 x 10/10
25 x 10/10 x 2 sets

datsit!
Sisu/

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...