Thursday, February 03, 2011

Settling in to Thursdays.

It seems like it's taken me forever to get this workout day settled into place. First I couldn't decide if I wanted to do it on Wednesday or Thursdays; then I couldn't decide if it should be a snatch day or my swing day.

After realizing that trying to do serious volume alone in the garage, at the end of a long workday was not the smartest idea I decided that a snatch day would be the best decision. Then it became trying to settle in and snatch the 24 kg after that long ass day. It's been see-saw but today was solid with 100 reps with the 24kg and 50 reps with the 30 kg after the 24 kg work.

Last week was the inverse, with 100 reps with the 20 and 50 with the 24. It's been slow but it's getting there.

Nice that it was seriously warm today too, the perfect California day. about time

Snatch
16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5 x2
24 kg x5/5 x 10 sets
20 kg x 10/10 x 2 sets

160 reps
7060 lbs


the groove felt very solid and in balance.I really concentrated on getting the bell as far back on the descent as possible and keeping a pretty fast pace since the reps were so low. On the 20 kg 10 rep sets I basically sprinted each rep. Cardio is good.

15 minutes of sun time and datsit:)) Heavy one arm swings and clubs as well ( my 35 lber is supposed to arrive today!) on Saturday.

Edit; I think I will be alternating 24 kg snatch days focused on total volume, with max vo2 workouts ramping up total sets to 50 ( the original goal point). I will balance them with the long cycle and short cycle clean and press days; on long cycle weeks I will do heavy snatch and on short cycle weeks max vo2

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...