Monday, December 30, 2013

20 kg snatches,belt squats ,crawls and farmers walks



As much as I've been working on my overhead position you would think it would be better. And my right side is, only to have my left side go wonky again and stay that way for weeks now. So weird. I think the fact my lower body is way more squared up is forcing the scoliosis to really throw things around.
It wasn't long ago that my left side lockout was seriously solid and my right nowhere to be found. Now just the opposite.Just a wee bit frustrating but I'm doing the best I can, AND it doesn't hurt and that's a big plus

6 am
full stretchout , 50 minutes

1:30 pm
Snatch
16 kg one arm swings 3 x 5/5/5

snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 8/8
         x 9/9
         x 10/10 x 2 rounds
104 reps

everything was easy except for my left shoulder. not only not overhead but elbow locked out. Ack.But looking back, not THAT much worse than in 2006 :)


belt squats
32 kg x 30 reps x 4 sets
non lockout technique

these, however are going great. close stance and really getting deeper every rep with lots of quad burn!

crawls super set farmers walks
50 feet crawl alternated with 60-70 ft with double 20 kg

these went well but farmers were too easy. too light or too short distance but lets see how things are tomorrow.:)

datsit
Neverquit.


2 comments:

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Mark happy new year to you. I continue to enjoy your posts immensely. Your recovery from the total knee replacement is amazing. I love your training techniques of pushing up your limits and then evaluating and assessing how your body reacts, and then adjusting going forward accordingly. This is pure training gold. Your development in general of self awareness is something that can be applied in all aspects of life and is something I personally am continually working to foster. In strength - Chris

Mark Reifkind said...

Happy New Year to you Chris and thanks for comments!I have developed this technique of advance and assess the hard way :). nothing else works.
I can't tell from the workout itself immediately if it is long term viable because usually things don't feel "wrong" til at least the next day. Or the day after that.
It's not whether I can DO the workout as much as I can survive it and adapt that counts.
The key to advancing in strength and conditioning imo, is to develop a serious instinct for how the program you are doing is working for you.
You can't get that from just a program you wrote 8 weeks ago.
take care

Rif

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...