Wednesday, April 03, 2013

36 kg Two Hand Swing ladders 8,9,10



Keeping with the theme of heavier, faster and more powerful I decided to do ladders on my swings, even though sets of 10 would have been no problem. I am really loving ladders of everything these days as " climbing to the to and then jumping down" is such a fatigue sparing mechanism that it lets me go heavier and keep the bell speed up even as I try to accumulate some decent volume.

Got the full stretchout in this am in two parts 5:30 am -6 and then 9:30- 10. Lots of shoulder mobility as well as overhead stick stretches.

Two hand swings
16  kg x 10
20 kg x 10
24 kg x 8
28 kg x 8
32 kg x 8
36 kg x 8,9,10 x 4 rounds
162 reps
12,960 lbs

I love how these numbers add up so fast. Energy was good. Things didn't start to even get a little tough until the last set of ladders. Just overall fatigue but speed stayed high.

Snatch holds
16 kg x 30 sec
20 kg x 35 sec
24 kg x 35 sec
20 kg x 45 sec

surprisingly tight today. oh yea, my shoulder did sublux a bit in the AM when I was working on hanging from the bar. I just can't let myself fully hang out or shoulder clunks weird. with a slightly bent arm and scaps retracted no problem but I guess I just don't have enough ligaments left in there :))

Farmers Walks
2 16 kg bells x  200 ft x 4 rounds
800 feet

Was tired and don't know if I trust this movement yet. tried it before and my back didn't like it but that was years ago. Felt ok but better less than more

Floor pushups
3 sets of 7  

ok but shoulder fatigued by now. done.

datsit.
Sisu/


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...