Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Braving the Storm

It's been awhile since my back went wonky and although I knew this wasn't a 'bad' one, it's still a pain in the ass to constantly deal with the pain and the pressure and trying to figure out exactly what to do to unkink it and then finding the time and energy to do so. Unkinking a kinked back takes a ton of energy, especially when you know that even though it will work ,it will hurt. And dealing with that takes energy; energy you could and would like to be spending on more important matters.

But when you're tweaked that IS the more important matter and that's what's on the menu that day. So be it. As Charlie Weingroff puts it "training is rehab and rehab is training" and I couldn't agree more. You're always working on 'something'  that isn't where you want it and sometimes that's not a big lift but an inch more painfree ROM.

It was 85% right this morning but I still spent a lot of time in the overhead stick stretch as that is what was really needed to counteract the over tension I got in the lats and QL from the pullups.

I freaking hate to be this delicate but at least I'm going in the right direction, and at least I know what to do know to square these things up.
 By the end of  the workday I was pretty loosed up and ready to see what kind of training I could do.

Two Hand Swings
16 kg x 10 x 2
20 kg x 10
24 kg x 10 ( everything's fine)
28 kg x 10
32 kg x 10 x 10 sets
24 kg x 8 x 3 ( gearing towards overhead swings
20 kg x 8 x 3 overhead swings ( these were fun but looked terrible ,lol.) that close overhead grip is not my friend. :))

Back was fine in these although I was aware of it's presence. I really needed the full loaded extension to counteract the flexion as well.

Snatch holds
16 kg x 30 sec
18 kg x 30 sec
20 kg x 30 sec
16 kg x 45 sec

these were tough but OH so necessary. I think I need more, not less of the extension position and less pullups, pushups and things from the past

Perhaps double snatches and or double clean and press? This time it seemed the key to opening up my back was opening up my front.I am liking the wide stance and double work more and more . I didn't do it on purpose today; wanted to see what the two hands would bring tomorrow. Now, two days off before 24 kg snatches :))

Bodyblade
3 x 10/10  


datsit.
Sisu



No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2