Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Swing Press Swipe

Ah, the 6 am workout. Still a bit slow to get going heavy but I took the scenic route today as Thursday we leave for Minneapolis as Tracy takes her Level 2 Certification. So just in case I don't get my presses in on Friday I decided to combine both my swing workout with some base volume presses.

One arm Swings

16 kg x 5/5 + 5 transfers x 2
20 kg x5/5 + 5 transfers x 2

24 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x9/9
x10/10

these felt great but my left tricep cramped again on the last set. Had plans of moving up to the 32 after this set and doing some sets of 5 but I didn't want to push it. The tricep cramp, I believe now, is from too much forearm flexor, corocobrachialis , pec and bicep tension from all the presses of late, pulling my shoulder too far forward.

With all my joint capsule laxity, things move around very easily and changes in muscle tension create serious changes in resting joint position way too fast.
The solution: more snatches and snatch holds to restabilize the posterior part of the rotator cuff. Max Vo2 is one thing. Slower, heavier snatch holds is another. so I went back to presses, of course, to finish the workout,lol.

At least they have been feeling great.

KB Press
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x3/3
28 kg x2/2
24 kg x3/3
20 kg x8/8
16 kg x10/10

man those were solid. Still, need to do more heavier snatches with pauses as well as some 1-2 minute snatch holds.

Rack walks
16 kg x 8 minutes walking switching hands every 200 feet. Bell never touched the ground.

Two Hand Clubbell Swipes

10 lbs x10/10
15 lb s8/8
20 lbs x 8/8 x 3 sets

datsit. Hope to get a serious snatch vo2 AND a serious press workout in this weekend as I watch my awesome wife tackle the strength challenge that she has worked so hard for these last months!

as I don't have to teach or go through the cert I am hoping to have plenty of time to blog, take photos and videos and relax as much as possible! lol. I am on Kettlebell vacation!


1 comment:

jockeRKC said...

I have to dust off my Clubbell and start swinging some to.
Nice practice Rif

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...