Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pushing Re Set



I haven't swung a kettlebell since last tuesday  and I feel it.It was a great weekend at the bodyweight cert except for my training :)) I walked more than ever( of late) and things worked well but I lost about 5 pounds the last week and it wasn't fat.
Time to get back on track. A wee bit of everything today.

5:30 am
stretchout and primal move. I still have to get back to my full hour stretchout, somehow, AND practice my PM move to prepare my video for my certification.At least now I will have some time. lot of work to do, though

1 pm 
one arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/ x3
20 kg x5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5 x 2
28 kg x 5/5/ x 4

these were tough at first. when I go this long without lifting or swinging my body forgets it so fast. I seem to lose 'connection' to my body way too easily. at least for strength. Movement stays but strength goes fast.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5x3
24 kg x 5/5 x 3

these felt decent. The 24 actually didn't feel heavy after all that warmup.

KB press
20 kg x 5/5 x 4 sets

found a good groove here, too. will press the 24 on thursday.

two hand cb arm cast
15 x 10/10
25 x 10/10
35 x 5/5

DONE! These felt better than expected, even the 35er.Time to eat :))

datsit.
Sisu/


3 comments:

Diana said...

It's amazing how fast strength goes in regards to kettlebells when not used-even for just a short time!
Good luck with the certification Mark!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Diana! it goes fast but comes back just as fast.

Diana said...

Mark.....
very, very true!

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2