Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Med Grip Press workout, 175,185,195 lb work sets, 24 kg swings,triceps ext

 This went great. Except for the fact that I haven't been squeezing my glutes in the press for the last 6 weeks or so and they're weaker notwithstanding.

The sets were I kept tight rocketed up and my elbow stayed in. The sets they let loose as I press the elbows flared and the bar stuttered. The connection was clear as day.

Wore Adidas lifters and they felt stable and good. Definitely different but that's ok. If I don't keep the glutes locked as I drive it ends up with a loose back arch not a stable one and I think that's what's been giving me problems of late.

Knee lock is key for sure but not at the expense of hip lock, and drive

Press
175 for 1 x 3 set

first set loose second set good as well as third

185 for 1st set was loose, second was better, third loose so I did this fourth one: good
three sets at 195 decent this last set was the best
Right intercostal a little tight from being used in a way it's never done in the press. More overhead ROM but that is my  tight, scoliosis side and it was feeling it a little. Definitely have to make haste slowly here with this new grip, ( no matter how small a change it looks; it's fucked me up before)

Next monday just sets and reps with 205. have to break this in slow or else.

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8  all good

green and red band tri ext
3 sets of 20

decent

BW 176.6
BF 13.8


good today  today. knee is workout very well with minimal work on it and vertigo still there but just very specifically via positions flat to upright.

Energy is good as is mood

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...