Thursday, October 28, 2021

45 lb Ruck Knee calf test ride

 



Took the calf and knee for a real trial run with the pack today and all went well

The first couple blocks actually were a bit wonky and had me a bit worried but once I got on the sand the leg started feeling good; normal even

But that damn ruck felt heavy and hell and I could feel every  pound of it in  my legs! Shocking how fast my legs get week but in one way it makes sense. I didn't walk normally much less loaded for over two decades so it shouldn't be a surprise; those few years of running, tri's and ultra training really weren't as long as I imagine them to be, overall

So it was  a slow one but I made all six laps in 55 min so that's not bad, especially with a ton of short stops. No squats though

When I got home it started tightening up just a bit, especially near the achilles (?) but the single leg prone stretch worked like a charm, as well as some time with static hold on the slant board

It wasn't too slow  either as the phone shows speed between 3.2 and 3.5 mph. 

Probably do another 60 min this sunday as we are driving to merced to pick up Walker and I don't want to be gimping. Plus another two hour drive right back home

45 lb Ruck

6 laps
55 min
7870 steps

BW 177.2
BF 13.5

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2