Wednesday, October 20, 2021

195lb press x 1 x 10 sets, 24 kg swings, band pushdowns

 Really solid day. Everything moved well and technique held well. since opening up my  grip didn't really help my elbow flare I moved it back in and thing went well

The two big keys today were

1) flex glutes after unracking then almost immediately

2) drive head back to initiate press

If I wait too long after locking in I seem to drift back to my heels which makes the bar push forward so that's no good. It's best if it's : glute, then head drive immediately

If I press the bar THEN drive the head it seems the elbows flare too. Aim for the face, get our of the way

Press 195 x 1 x 10 sets




Very very  happy with this

The knees over toes soleus raise seems to have unfucked my calf for the most part and that is making life much  easier too, on all front! Along with the shin raise and generally just moving from the knees again

24 kg swings

5 sets of 8 good power

Green band pushdowns

3 sets of  20

too lazy  to do pushups; we'll see if this irritates my first rib again like last week. feels good now


BW 177.6 !!!
BF 13.3 !!!

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2