Monday, February 13, 2023

2015,215, 225 miss 205x 1 x 5 New York plates maiden voyage

 It was a great session. The technique worked great I felt decent going in, left biceps tendon was NOT talking to me. I figured out some more refinements already on this technique and the York plates and the weight combinations worked well! Best press day in forever, despite the miss

The Cues I was working off

1) Elbows up

2) Hips forward

3) Fall back and press to X

What I figured out after 

1) Elbows up

2) Hip forward AND spot the X!

3) Fall back then press

When I push the hips forward I have to ALLOW the shoulders to go back, to create the bow. On all the harder reps I didn't let myself arch enough and part of that is just not spotting X early enough.

Then I have to fall back and press pretty close together on 225; the first one was good on the second miss I pressed first and that doesn't work at all

195, 205 ( first one ) and 215



I missed the first attempt 215 by falling back too much and losing balance. this is the second attempt and compensation
then 225 and a second miss
then five singles with 205 and all were decent. the last two is when I figured out to spot the X as I set up and the line was better and the rep faster




then wt pushups
3 x 10 with 53

side raises and rear delts 3 x 8/8 with 20s

BW 175.4

BF 14.2

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...