Wednesday, February 08, 2023

184 x 1 x 5, 194 x 1 x 5, 20 kg swings band pushdowns and curls

Everything 'fell' into place today, pun intended, once I figured out halfway through the second set of 5 sets than if after I set my hips ( correct cue) I try to fall back and push at the same time the bar, at best, goes up slightly in front. It does not slide into the slot

I also realized I have to let my shoulders drop AS I'm setting my hips forward otherwise I'm too vertical

Then it's fall back and THEN push. I actually think it's best if I don't think press, it'll happen on it's own. Still have to stay on the X 

Elbows up on setup is vital

SO:

1) elbows up

2) hips forward 

3) FALL back

4) press to X

I literally have to fall back without pressing into the bar at all then I'm in position to drive

It's VERY much like my bench press technique of not pushing the bar up to start but pushing BACK into the bench. A key WSB technique and worked perfectly  for me

184 x 1 x 5





 the 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8

bicep tendon back in place. all good to go

band pushdowns curls 3 x 12

BW 174.8
BF 14.9

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...