Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Wrapped thumbs workout 175,185, 190 and 195, 24 kg swings, floor pushups

 And just like that, out of the blue, out of my weird ass subconcious, might have come the most important piece of the puzzle: FROM FALSE GRIP TO WRAPPED THUMB.

And, just like that, it seems like the start position, bar path and lockout issue got solved all at once

Of course I've thought this before, many  times before. TOO many  times before and today is light day and not two plates but man this feels so right. So COMPLETE.

I started with false grip but immediately  it didn't feel good; my sternum was sore from monday and even though I was focused on driving the bar back, even with 65 and 75 lbs the groove didn't feel "right"

SO I wrapped the thumb and immediately  the bar went just where I wanted it to go and easily.

I went up to 135 lbs and tried it with a  wrapped thumb and then a false grip and I IMMEDIATELY went back to the wrapped thumb

Wrapping the thumb involves the biceps as a shoulder flexor and false grip overloads the heel pad sensors in the hand activating triceps.

I am failing at driving the bar back at the start ( shoulders ) and lockout ( shoulders and tris) and false grip of course is driving it forwards!

BUT wrapped thumb always in the past really irritated my biceps tendon so we'll see

But man it immediately felt great and MUCH easier to lock both my knees AND the upper body right before I pressed. No balance issues holding the weight either AND it somehow took the pressure off my sternum

Perhaps the only combo I haven't tried yet : low bar rack AND wrapped thumb

The start timing was spot on too. With the wrapped thumb I have much more upwards pressure on the bar keeping my torso much tighter and more stable and the bar high off the pins. I wasn't getting enough arm tension in the rack position; almost all the weight was held on my torso and legs, I think I need tension and pressure pushing UP as well as DOWN. It felt so solid today this way

I start the press with arms and shoulder and then, lo and behold, my hips AUTOMATICALLY seemed to kick in at the sticking point

Is this a Dream? if so please don't wake me up!

135 x 1 
155 x 1
175 x 2 x 1
175 x 3 dead stop singles x 1
185 x 2 dead stops x 3 sets





 190 x 2 x 2 sets
195 x 1 x 1 set


Just freaking outstanding. this most certainly is the best press workout I've ever had,all things considered

24 kg swings 5 x 8/8
floor pushups  2 x 45

BW 173.3
BF 13.1

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...