Saturday, February 19, 2022

40 kg One arm swings 20 x 5/5, goblet squat to 44 kg x 3, red band pullaparts

 This went great. Utilized my old lumbar pelvic rhythm technique and it worked so well. Lean to initiate, then hips back then the 'baboom" of old! So much more efficient and I think much better on my grip as well

What I've been doing is breaking at the knee first and then pushing back and down into an athletic hinge technique and locking the knees out most instead of a hip extension focus.That made me more up and down and, I think, was much tougher on the grip.

This "swings" better, for lack of a better phrase.

Finally back to 20 sets here too which has been many moons ago ( too lazy to look it up now but it's been awhile)

No problem either and we were going fast, about 90 sec/sets the whole time. With no problem. The last four sets were tough to remain focused but we did

here's sets 7 and 19


Going back to 5/5 is much better too. Much better power output, height and bell speed. It was a worthy experiment but this style definitely  wins

Goblet squat
24 kg x 4
32 kg x 3
40 kg x 2
44 kg x 3

these felt great and the depth is ok too. Triples seem to be the sweet spot in this lift if I'm going to try to get as deep as I can and pause, too

Red band pullaparts
3 x 30

BW 173.8
BF 11.4
W 59.4

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...