Saturday, February 12, 2022

60 and 68 kg one arm swings, 40 kg goblet squats, pullapart

 Really good one. Beyond expectations.

Switching back to 5/5 was definitely the right thing to do. Much easier, and strong, both physically and psychologically. Changed the groove a little too, going back to lumbar pelvic rhythm style ( lean forward to initiate hinge then knee flexion. Worked really well. Have to remember remember that sitting back and trying to hinge never works for me.

I also think using that classic hinge style last time made the grip much harder too. Grip was strong today

Did 7 sets with the 60 and it was hard. strong but hard on every  level and I could feel my CNS too get seriously revved

I was ready  to go to the 68 as for some reason it refreshes me when I switch  eve though it's much heavier. But after two sets I contemplated not doing a third but just re focused and went for it. Botched the transfer but the reps were ok


Then onto goblets with

24 kg for 5

32 kg for 5 then 

40 kg x 3

then pullaparts
3 x 30 three angles

BW 173.4
BF 11.7 bath
W 58.9

Had to miss thursday ruck so we'll see how tomorrow goes. Definitely  looking forwards to it

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...