Monday, July 20, 2020

Max effort press with black mini band, floor pushups one arm laterals



This was good. And hard. Harder than expected and the top weights were lower than expected.
But it really showed me the groove even better than I had hoped. Don't think it's a substitute for heavy day though as the load on the chest is too light I think for long term.
I think really working it on speed day is the key

Shitty sleep for some reason and I didn't think I've have anything for this workout but it was solid once I got started

65, 85 x 3
bar + band x 3
65 + band x 2
85 + band x 2
105 + band x 2
135 + band x 1
145 + band x 1


155 + band x 1


150 + band x 1 x 4
this was solid and really showed me than when I hit the sticking point the cue is LAYBACK NOT press through. When I layed back it went well
Also have to think layback right from the press call. The only rep I missed is when I tried to press the bar and not lay back first
Tri's were really cooked after all this

Floor pushups
61
61
50

way better than I thought

One db lateral
20 lbs x 10/10 x 3
bent laterals
20 lbs x 10 x 3

BW 174
BF 14.5



No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2