Monday, January 16, 2023

205, 215,220 miss, weight plates shifts

 So today was all over the place, although not for the usual reason(s). When I weighed the grey plates last week I realized one 35 was spot on, one .6 pounds heavy so I swapped their sides; putting the heavier on, that had been on my right on my  left, thinking this would help my right arm lock out easier

I never suspected it would throw my  whole press pattern out of whack. But it did. Used the latest cues:

Hips in front of bar or unracking

Lock knees

Press the bar back to the X

It was all good through 195 ( the old weight distribution)

then 205 was off a bit


 But I went to 215 anyway and made it but it was ugly and just barely. Knees were soft and I rushed it as usual
Went to 220 instead of the 225.5 I was thinking of if I smoked 215 and missed the first one badly and this second attempt was better but still nowhere near right
 then down to 215 for a miss

down to 205 for another miss!

205 x 1 but barely

then another miss!

went down to 185 and barely made it! then I realized the weight shift and shifted them back ( including the 25's which I switched too

185 flew

back UP to 205 which I made but not perfect but definitely back in my old groove

then this one

Just enough disturbance to the nervous system to totally throw my  groove.we'll see what happens Wed
Also, have to REALLY work on locking the unrack position in BEFORE I press. I will focus on doing this much more in the warmup weights. That position does not feel solid which makes me rush things when it gets heavy. My  hips were in front of the bar but the knees were DEFINITELY SOFT before the press. this is ruining it
BW 175.0
BF 14.7    

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...