Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Kono Press Redux

 I had a feeling this might work and it did. Very well. My  biggest problem in my load the bow style of pressing is that my knees unlock so easily. And the unrack position is just not structurally sound as it's not vertical

When I lose a press it's because the knees flex too much at the start and my hips don't engage or they give at the sticking point. It's just not a solid base

So I decided to try STARTING with the solid base and moving back from there

Basically the kono press. Unrack more like a front squat and lock the knees and find my balance.

Then shoulders go back, hips go forward and I press the bar back over my face ALL AT THE SAME TIME

Once I realized I had to look up on the unracking and not forward all the positions fell into place and mainly it felt natural and in balance

135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1 x 3
185 x 1 x 3

then 190 x 1 x 3 ( no video) then 195 x 1 x 5 all better than the last. This has promise



then 175 x 1 x 2 just to check the groove and it was sweet!

24 kg swings 5 x 8/8 all good

band pushdowns and band curls 3 x 12

BW 175.4
BF 14.5

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...