Wednesday, October 05, 2022

195 x 5 x 1 200 x 5 x 1 WRAPPED THUMBS, 24 kg swings,floor pushups

 Decided to try to fix the lockout and the groove by wrapping my thumbs instead of using a false grip and it could not have gone better.

Timing still will improve but where I normally hit the sticking point and push  forward I could still keep pushing back

Makes sense, wrapping the thumbs improves shoulder flexion and false grip improves triceps extension and what's missing from the lockout is flexion

We'll see, of course, how it fares at 220 and above

As well as how my shoulders and elbows do

But today it was so easy  to lock in and just push

Same Cues
bar high

elbows up

lock and freeze

layback and push

didn't think for a second of the X or a head drive or keeping my head back. Much more natural




24 kg swings
5 x 5/5

floor pushups
1 x 50
1 x 40

BW 174.5
BF 14.7


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...