Wednesday, August 31, 2022

195 lb press x 1 x 10 , 24 kg swings, floor pushups

 Things went very right today and might have figured out a key  piece of finishing the lockout with speed that up to now I haven't even considered

Warmups went well and used the technique I planned on:

1) Spot the X when I get under the bar

2) unrack by pushing up then locking the legs and freezing

3) initiate the press by throwing the head back

This went well except for a few reps that went forward and slowed slightly at lockout and couldn't see why

I couldn't throw my head back more and pushing my hips forward at the sticking point didn't really help. I was on the X but then I thought to re-throw my head back at the sticking point.If I didn't I tucked my chin and that slowed the lockout

This is 175lbs the 12th set where I really  got the technique of the second head drive. worked great

Its VITAL that I come to a freeze position after I unrack AND I have arm tension. CANNOT let the bar REST on my torso and hold it up with the legs and hips.If I do I use the knees too much and "kick" the bar up 

this is sets 1,3.5.7




It wasn't til set 9 and 10 ( which I didn't' video) that I grokked the idea of the second head throw

It makes a huge difference but, as usual, we'll see Monday

24 kg swings  4 x 8/8

Floor pushups 2 x 50!!

BW 175.6 !!!
BF 12.8 !!
W 58.1

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2