Monday, December 10, 2018

180 lb press: 5 x 2 PR! 44 kg belt squats, floor pushups,laterals



This was unexpected. Especially after the first set where I got the second rep but really had to grind on it. The above is the second set ( which I filmed as I didn't know if there would be a third!) but there was. And a fourth. But the fifth was crazy as I really had a ball busting grind on the first rep and that I was done but then decided 'hey, just go for it' and it was easier and faster than the rep before!

SO much of this is just timing everything PERFECTLY.  When it's this heavy if it's not perfect its a grind. But I can do it now and not miss. Just a few months ago I would have missed at least 4 of the 10 reps I did not being committed to keeping the hips forward at the sticking point. Now I know works but still need stronger glutes in extension.
Perhaps band work thrusters of some kind. Serious.

Standing Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
122 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
170 x 1
180 x 2 x 5 sets ALL TIME PR

Never did ONE double with this weight before. Definitely strong enough to do 200 if I time it right
Or maybe even if I dont SO much stronger than when I barely missed 200 months ago.

44 kg belt squat
10, 12, 14 ,16

very close stance and really working knees forward in the bottom plus keeping weight on big toe better

Floor pushups
 45
45
45

not sure if  this is an all time PR but it is a recent one

laterals
3 sets of 8/8 with 15s

BW 171.2
BF 13.1

good day!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...