Saturday, February 24, 2007

Snatchorama

Man I love to train. Didnt sleep for shit for the last three nights as my little two hand swing foray locked up my traps and neck something fierce, waking me up out of a sound sleep at 12 midnight each night. I wasnt pulling on the bells on the upswing but I was letting my shoulders shrug up on each rep as the force moved higher. So I really didnt think I could do anything this am but it quieted down nicely after 12 hours of almost constant bodywork,lol!

I wasnt worried as I knew it was muscular not vertebral but not sleeping really messes with me. I sleep for crap anyway and this was just insult to injury. This used to happen in bodybuilding or powerlifting when I did shrugs. My body just didnt like them at all and my neck would complain. So when it released and I knew I could train on time it was just like Christmas!

Warmup

around the body passes 8 kg
around knee passes 8 kg
figure eights 8 kg - three circuits of 20 reps each

one arm swings 12 kg 16 kg 20 kg for sets of 10/10

Snatch /full pyramid ladders.
20 kg
6/6
7/7
8/8
9/9
10/10
10/10
9/9
8/8
7/7
6/6

160 reps 7040 lbs.

Very, very happy with the workout and the form considering I couldnt turn my head without turning my whole body yesterday,lol!

Bottoms up press
8kg x5
12 kgx3/3
16kgx3/3
20kgx1/1

Yes! this technique worked great,had no problem out of the bottom. I've done the 24 but it was rough, now I know I can get that and more

2 kb press
12 kg x5,6,7,8

Just playing with form. felt fine

One arm swings
24 kg x10/10x 5sets

100 reps/5300 pounds

these were easier than the snatches earlier! takes forever to warm me up.

Face pulls
4x15

Halos
4x8/8 with 12 kg

Pushdowns with rope
3x15( just for fun)

6 comments:

Royce said...

Nice one, ESPECIALLY considering you didn't think you were going to be able to train today. Cool.
Training w/ no sleep really, really, sucks. But sometimes when your done it's the best you'll feel all day too.



Dude I got 5 ladders of 5 rungs today w/ the 53. Monday 3 sets of singles with the 70!!

actually I'm kinda scared, I was whipped like an Alabama mule with the 53. Todays C&P workout w 33% more weight = dead Roycester ( but much leaner dead Roycester ) Guess it's time to not be a sissy.

Pete said...

Nice work with the ladders with the 20 kg!

With being stuck behind a computer alot lately, I have really gotten into GTG with pullups. Yesterday, I got in 100 pullups doing sets of 8 and then one last one of 4 to round it off to a nice 100. I felt like I was doing something even though I wasn't taxed.

Tracy Reifkind said...

royce, thanks man, sleep is so important to recovery too. the 70 will go up like a rocket, no worries!

pete
100 pullups is good stuff man!way to go plus good to hear you posting.

Mark Reifkind said...

oops, that was me guys ;((

Franz Snideman said...

Is it safe to say that Snatches are your favorite exercise?

Mark Reifkind said...

franz,

lol, yeah you might say that :))
reminds me of a weird combination of power squats and swinging hi bar,!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...