Wednesday, January 17, 2024

185 x 1 x 5 190 x 1 x 6, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 2 x 32

 This went very well. Had an early cancel and got to start at 7 am I was a bit nervous about changing the time but it went perfectly

My shoulder was definitely cranky from the wrapped thumb work so I went back to false grip

I also realized the first big key/problem is not getting my chest up and arched to I made that the priority instead of the the hips in front

Then I knew I had to  get my knees locked or nothing else mattered. So I focused on that second

Then, how to start? How get speed? It didn't turn out to be so hard but I soon realized I have to re drive the hips at the sticking point or the bar goes forward

SO that's the cues

1) Chest up

2) Lock knees

3) Drive 

4) Hips





The false grip seems to work best with this high arch/bench press type setup. the wrapped thumbs,increasing my shoulder activation seems to encourage me to stay too upright

20 kg swing 5 x 8/8

pushups 32  x 2 sets

173.6
14.1


No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...