Wednesday, December 08, 2021

175 lb Press x 5 x 5 PR, 24 kg swings floor pushups

 Perhaps the best press workout I've ever done, including my two plates 225 lb press!

This just went perfectly from  start to finish with the best focus I've ever had in the press and the most adherent to the same technique from start to finish of the workout

I almost can't believe I did it; nor how strong and focused it was. It was like a dream of a perfect workout.

But it's real, I actually did it. Each rep was almost identical as was each set. AND I didn't blow it by messing up the last set as I am prone to do

Just pure joy. Plus, it wasn't that hard

My cues were

1) set up in front of the bar

2) breathe

just before each set I thought to myself  " attack it" and I did

It was cold and damp and I went straight from client to garage without my normal bath but I was so cold I decided to take a very very hot 5 min shower thinking it was better than nothing and it was way better. Almost as good as a bath 

I will use this technique this winter on Wednesdays

65 85 105 x 3

135 x 3
155 x 2
165 x 1
175 x 5 x 5





24 kg swings
5 x 8/8 
strong!

Floor pushups
3 sets of 40 good power

BW 174
BF 13.9

Put a star on this one!


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...