Monday, November 08, 2021

215 press x 1 x 2, 225 x miss, wt pushups, one arm laterals, rear delts

 Fucked up workout. Bad sleep, knee back to tight and 'sciatic' ( weird) and just overall beat with this puppy, the cats and knee pain. Haven't' had to manage pain in so long and man I didn't miss it at all. Got to get on the other side of this because I really don't want this in my life again no matter what I have re arrange or drop or add to the life

But as fucked up as I felt- basically lost in the press- AGAIN, it wasn't too bad. Two singles with 215  5 with 205 and a decent push on 225

But it's clear to me now that I've lost the big base I had, and rode along with, the 5x5's I did for years. Two many singles has left me without a decent groove

Trying to think of how to build better leg holding strength for the start of the press and it dawned on me: DO SETS OF FIVE AND HAVE TO HOLD THE LEGS AND GLUTES TIGHT FOR 30 SECONDS OR MORE FIVE TIMES  and that will build ( re build) leg hip strength

Monday can still be heavy day but I need to rebuild the base AND the groove
Today
Started out with a face forward stance THEN drive back in the bar
warmups from 65 - 195 felt solid actually
205 was out in front so I switched back to my old technique for another 205 and then 215 WHICH I MADE SOMEHOW~




then missed 225
all over the place then went DOWN to 205 then 215 again ( only second time ever I've done 2 215's in one workout. hey  I'll take any win today


the wt pushps
3 x 10 with 53

one arms and rear delts with 20 

BW 176.2
BF 14.5

feel weak

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...