Wednesday, November 24, 2021

165 x 5 x 6 sets PR, 24 kg speed swings 5x8 floor pushups 3 x 40

 This went very well. Almost perfectly. Until I banged the rail on the 5th rep of the 5th set and lost the groove. THEN took the single and overpushed it and  had to bail!

But I retook it as a 6th set and made it so it's technically a real pr lol

160 press
4 x 5
1 x 4
1 x 5

set one

this was one of the best first sets of a five rep set I've ever done. Usually it takes a few set to find the groove but it was right there from the get

It's the setup and I was thinking of it like this

1) 'Ed Coan' set up

2) lock

3) hands

Still could hold the knees locked tighter but it was ok. The 'Ed Coan' setup is the key. It's a perfect visual for me as I can easily see Ed SQUEEZE himself under the bar for the squat, finding perfect leverage BEFORE he unracks the weight

I have to do the same thing and unrack in FRONT OF THE BAR, Then lock knees and hold it before I drive

Really have to take my time getting locked in before I unrack the weight. this is KEY

set three

this went great. Next video was set five ACK
then set six to finish five good sets and a single at 175

the 24 kg swings for 5 x 8

floor pushups

3 sets of 40 
( strong!)

BW 174.4
BF 13.7

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...