Monday, September 06, 2021

215, 220 press and 222.5 press attempts, floor pushups, 3 way band pullapart

 All things considered this was a great workout. Right knee (fibula/ calf) was still 'out' and giving me grief. A little better and I have a little better handle on what to do but it's still achey.Slept ok after basically not sleeping at all monday night so pretty fatigued going in and the pain is getting to me.Especially not being able to walk well and gimping around again

I find that SO abhorrent now I can barely deal with it. Being able to walk painfree and squat down as well is everything. Any  thing else is really gravy and when I can't do that,it drives me nuts

I know I'll get out of this but man I do enjoy what's been going on these last years. It all stems from heavy  rucking and getting heavy on my right leg of late ( extra ball of foot calluses) and overworking that right soleus and, I guess, the popliteus. Just hit that breaking point.

But I'm figuring a lot of new stuff I need to know and remember out too and that's good.

Strange as it may seem it looks like a vertical shin, wider stance squat pattern is activating the glutes and upper hams and that seems to help a lot get the fib/tib to slide and glide :)
the exact opposite of everything I've been doing for years

Makes sense, actually,

Nothing hurt when I pressed but did not have a lot of confidence in my rooting and I got loose or I would have made the 220 better and actually made the 222.5

Press

65-175 warmup

195 x 1

205 warmup not bad
215 x 1 got loose at sticking point but bar path was solid and that saved me
220 x 1 ( well, almost but I'm counting it. knees gave and got loose at stick but again, bar path was good

222.5 x miss first attempt
second

205 x 1 x 5 down sets



the cues were simple

Spot the X

Lock the knee

Drive the head

very very happy with the consistency of the bar path for what was a lot of heavy reps

Plus I was light 174.4! pain  kills my  appetite plus bad sleep and spending too much time working on myself

Floor pushups
40
35
30

no training partners so this seemed right. hard too , haven't done reps in months and months

3 way band pullaparts

3 x 30


BW 174.4
BF 14.5



No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...