Monday, August 16, 2021

215 press x 1 x 5,205 x 1 x 3, Wt pushups, one arm laterals, rear delts

 Can't say I'm  happy but being able to make 5 singles with 215 has to be a good thing but it did not work out as I hoped it would, i.e 5 identical perfect reps with ease. LOTS of grinding, too much

The good news is that I'm strong. The bad news is that my newest 'new' technique did not go as planned. Lots can go wrong with the squeeze the sponge technique and it did.

Some elbows went behind me causing elbow flare, some I leaned back too far and bar went out in front


ACK!!!!

205 x 1 warmup

215 x 1 set 1( I actually missed the FIRST set 1, out in front. bad sign
set 2 of 5 leaned back as I 'squeezed' and knees got loose and elbows flared
set 3 basically the same issue but not as dramatic. thought I figured out a stable 'trigger' . guess I was wrong
set 4 basically just winged it here. not too bad but not right either

 set 5 almost. decent line just ran out of gas
sets 1 and 2 with 205 down sets. why I can't do this with 215 at the start baffles me. just so much easier

wt pushups

bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3

strong

One arm laterals
3 x 8/8 20's
bent laterals
3 x 8 25s ( by mistake. lol)

BW 176.2
BF 14

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...